How long does it take to process my order?
- Orders received before 3:00 PM central standard time are processed the same day. Any orders received after that are processed the following business day. If there is ever a time when your order is not processed within 24 hours (or the next business day, sorry we can't make them ship on Sunday folks...) we will let you know. We ship USPS and most orders are received in 7 business days or less.
What if there is a problem with my order?
- Please contact us right away! We strive to give our customers the best quality products possible, but with small batches of handmade items, sometimes things can go screwy. We will work with you if there are any problems, just shoot us a message on our contact page, Facebook, or direct email to email@example.com
- Scan the image below in your messenger app to be connected with us instantly.
Why handmade soap?
- A vast majority of people have never used handmade soap before. In fact, most people have never used soap before. Wait…what?If you take a look at commercial products sold in stores, it’s likely you won’t find the word “soap” on the package. Commercial soap sold in stores is often made with chemical detergents, hardeners and synthetic lathering agents which can be drying or irritating on the skin. On the other hand, handmade soap created with oils, liquids, and lye does not contain these harsh ingredients and qualifies as true soap.
Is there anything I need to do to take care of my soap?
- Handmade soap can get soft if left to sit in water or overly damp areas. To prevent this we recommend using a soap dish to allow air flow and draining. A soap dish significantly extends the life of a bar of soap - but did you know that you can also extend the life of your soap dish? Use your soap dishes in pairs to extend the life of the dish - use one dish for 2-3 weeks, and then switch it out with the second dish while allowing the first dish to completely dry out while you are using the second dish for 2-3 weeks. Doing this will prevent mold and mildew from developing and growing on your dish and greatly extend the life of the dish.
Are your soaps naturally colored?
- Mica used in cosmetics and soap, begin with naturally mined mica and ground to a fine powder. This mica powder is grayish white in color which is then coated with pigments (iron oxides, ultramarines or dyes). Pigments, however, are not natural. They are lab created because naturally mined pigments contained unhealthy levels of lead, arsenic, and mercury which are deadly. Pigments are lab created to keep us all safe. That being said, there are no colored micas that are 100% natural. If they contain a pigment (ultramarine, iron oxide or dye), they are not natural and the ingredient list will contain all components of the colorant used. If we use a natural, plant-based colorant in any of our products (activated charcoal, indigo powder...)it will be in the ingredient list. We strive for transparency in our products. If there are ever any concerns over ingredients present, feel free to contact us at any time.
Do you use artificial fragrances?
- All Ritual Bath and Candle products are scented with essential oils with the exception of our Dragon products, which use a nature identical fragrance oil. If you are concerned with any of the oils in any product please contact us at any time.
So...why would you choose a wooden wick over a traditional cotton wick candle?
- Our wooden wicks create a truly unique visual AND audible experience. That’s right, you’re getting a beautiful flickering flame and a soft crackling sound that’s reminiscent of cozy nights by a fireplace. What’s not to love? Wooden wicks have minimal carbon buildup, debris and sooting. Also, no trimming needed!
How long will my candle last?
- Our 8-ounce candles are hand poured with 100% natural soy wax and will burn for approximately 30-40 hours. Their aluminum tins are recyclable.