Welcome to the MoonCrafted Essentials Spell Book. Here you'll find musings, information, tips for using our products, and other magickal tidbits we think you might find interesting. Let's dive into a question we get all. The. Time.
What the heck are Chakras?
Chakras (pronounced ‘shock-ra’) are centers or locations of spiritual power within the body. The word comes from ancient Sanskrit and literally means wheel and relates to the constantly moving (or spinning) energy within us. Traditionally there are seven Chakras that align from the base of the spine to the top of the head. It is believed in a healthy, balanced person the Chakras are open and moving fluidly, allowing energy to transfer easily around the body. However, if there is a blockage in a Chakra, or it is too open, there can be an imbalance within the prana, or life force causing the person to become ill.
So, how are Chakras important?
Practitioners of metaphysics, supernatural, or spiritual energy acknowledge the power both within and around us. The Chakra points have energy and physical correspondences that can help focus meditation, thought, and magick. Whether you are a believer in the Eastern or Hindi Philosophies or simply want to use a predesigned system as a focus for your own energy, knowledge of the Chakras and what they relate to can be supremely beneficial.
The Root Chakra
- The official name of this Chakra, Muladhara, comes from the words Mula, which means root and Dhara, which means support. This Chakra’s role is to connect all of your energy with the Earth, which is called grounding. When you think of your Root Chakra, think of your day to day survival here on earth. This energy center’s role is to give you everything you need to survive. For us in this modern age, that typically translates to financial and emotional security.
- This Chakra is located at the very base of your spine, near your tailbone.
- The color associated with it is red.
- The name of this Chakra is Svadhishana which translates to “the place of the self.” This Chakra is all about your identity as a human and what you do with it. Your Sacral Chakra is the home of the creative life force energy that helps you enjoy your life and find pleasure.
- This Chakra is located just below your belly button.
- The color associated with it is orange.
- Named Manipura, which translates to lustrous gem, this Chakra is where your self-confidence, personal power, and true identity are born. Often referred to as the warrior Chakra, the energy here is an instinctual and primal seat of wisdom and direction.
- The power center for those elusive ‘gut feelings’ is located in the center of the torso, at the base of the breast bone.
- The color associated with it is yellow.
- The official name of this Chakra is Anahata, which means unhurt. This is the home of love, passion, and kindness. We all associate our hearts with emotion, health, and healing which is what this Chakra is all about. This is also a connection between the more physical lower Chakras and the spiritual upper Chakras.
- This Chakra is located, you guessed it, right over your heart.
- The color associated with it is green.
- Named Vishuddha, which means very pure, this Chakra gives you voice for personal truth and clarity.
- Resting at the base of the throat, right above the heart, this Chakra is connected to compassion and communication
- The color associated with it is blue.
- The name of the sixth Chakra is Ajna, which means beyond wisdom. This Chakra is a gateway to the mind and opens it to the world beyond the five senses. Extrasensory perception, intuition, and psychic energy all come from the third eye. This Chakra connects the physical and spiritual together within us all.
- Located between your brows, on your forehead, an open eye will keep you in tune with the seen and unseen around you
- The color associated with it is indigo.
- Named Sahaswara, which translates to a thousand petal lotus. This Chakra is home to pure consciousness and enlightenment. The Crown Chakra is often the hardest to explain, similar to the element of Spirit, it's just Conscious energy is found everywhere, in everything. It connects the universe.
- Located at the top of the head, it can be described as the point where the stem of our energetic flower turns into the radiant blooming petals of universal energy.
- The colors associated with it are violet and white.
Okay, now what?
The goals of utilizing Chakras are to find balance. Acknowledge your roots and foundations, embrace your passions, trust your inner wisdom, use your emotions, share your truths, believe in more than the physical world around you. To me balancing Chakras it to truly embrace and love yourself for what you are; an amazing and unique source of light in the universe; living, breathing stardust.
Meditation, crystals, and essential oils can help bring your awareness into the right mindset for focusing on Chakras, which in turn can help you focus on inner problems or give you a direction to focus your energy and magick. Do you meditate? Use the Chakra points as relaxation platforms in the body, focusing on the base and moving slowly upwards, releasing the tension and energy in the muscles and organs around each one.
Do you utilize Chakras in your daily life? Tell us how in the comments below.